googlee34b541c2dbea4c4.html
 
  • CANINE COMMENTS

CANINE COMMENTS - No Chocolate for your doggie please!

Updated: Sep 11, 2020

Last thing you want is your dog to get a hold of this sweet, delicious yet toxic (to dogs) treat



During this holiday season when chocolate is plentiful the last thing you want is your dog to get a hold of this sweet, delicious yet toxic (to dogs) treat.


Here are some signs that your pup may have indulged without your knowledge:

  • Extreme thirst

  • Vomiting

  • Diarrhea

  • Agitation

  • Muscular rigidity

  • Hyperactive behavior

  • Excessive panting

  • Pacing

  • Seizures



If you suspect your dog has eaten chocolate, you should call your vet right away to assess the situation. Describe the amount of chocolate, the type of chocolate and the timing, and your vet can then tell you what to do."If your veterinarian confirms chocolate toxicity, they will most likely induce vomiting or administer activated charcoal which absorbs a toxin like chocolate and promotes its removal from the body via the bowels.


HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!


Wags & Wiggles,


Debbie


#nochocolatefordogs #chocolateforhumansonly #debrasdogden #caninecomments #wagandwiggles

0 views